Thursday, February 23, 2023

Today's News Cartoon

 



January 15, 2023  
Subject: Today's News cartoon 

I drew this cartoon about 14 years ago, along with a handful of other ones, all slightly negative and sarcastic. I cringe a little when looking at them... why did I draw such dark messages like this? I was angry, I think, at so many things - the world, people, and myself. These days I give my anger and everything else that can't remain in my head and my heart to Jesus, just as soon as it crops up. He keeps me clean. I'm still a wretched sinning human, but His blood keeps me healthy and whole. 

About that. The blood of Jesus is our protection in these dark days. The things we see and hear on the news, and online, are disturbing, and can't be stopped by the common man, on an individual level. We can pray, but even then, it's about God's will. 

How can all of this chaos be understood? What do we do? Do we protest? No... I am lf the opinion that we should start by learning. Seeking the truth about the big picture, and what's really going on. 

Conspiracy theories abound, and it's all very interesting. I think, however, the best place to start, is at the top. The Book of Revelation says it all. Pray for wisdom and understanding, and ask Him to reveal to you what He wants you to understand. His word is the top - above the tip of the iceberg - above the "pyramid". The iceberg, and all that it contains, and leads to, is under, and within, the Word of God. Going down rabbit holes without knowledge of the end times, via God's Word, is dangerous. You'll find information but only end up with more confusion, without knowing the big picture.

Everything - diseases, wars, disasters, corruption, trickery, increasing control, and all the other things happening - lines up, falls into place, and makes perfect sense, when His word is understood. 

I do find it interesting to see what the "conspiracy theories" are saying - but I know where it's all headed, so I have the clarity needed. It's simply discovering the details of how the end time things are coming to be. It's been a work in progress for a long time, and it's nothing new.

...

Ecclesiastes 1:9
  
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.


...

Matthew 24:4-13

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.