Thursday, February 23, 2023

Bird 20

 


February 8, 2023  
Subject: Bird 20 


This bird looks scared, as if it’s shaking on it’s little stick feet.

I’ve been following the stuff on the earthquakes in Turkey, and in Syria. It’s mind blowing to see so much destruction in one place. “See” being the key word here. I’m not there, under the rubble, suffering. I’m only viewing the calamity that’s currently happening to other people, in another part of the world. 

As I ponder this, I’m reminded of the unsettling reality that we all face every single moment - we are ALL one shred of a thread away from eternity. Death can happen any second to us all, whether we are sick or strong, poor or wealthy, old or young, ignorant or educated...
eternity is not some far-fetched concept or realm, it’s here, now. We have to be ready for eternity, every moment of every day.

...

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
...

We’re ALL in the same boat, as human beings. 


a prayer -

Lord Jesus, may I be ready to meet You, every moment of every day. May I be prepared to stand before You on Judgement Day. 
Thank You Lord Jesus for Your shed blood on the cross for me, through Your free gift, I am sanctified and made clean. Through Your gift alone am I made righteous. May I live out the rest of my earthly days according to Your will, not my own, and may I be ready and prepared for whatever You allow to happen.
Thank You Jesus